Linda & Chef Claus Hjortkjaer
Le Café Miche was a hugely popular, highly acclaimed and awarded French country cuisine in the NE Heights that closed 5 years ago. Linda & Claus Hjortkjaer have the good fortune of giving it a second chance in downtown Albuquerque.
Come to the new Le Café Miche and experience the same high level of food, wine and atmosphere you had before . . . even better! Whether it is a casual lunch or a special occasion, you will love the ambience of our new location.
Le Café Miche Accolades:
- Chef of the Year 2004 by the NM Restaurant Association
- Created wine lists that won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence eight years in a row
- Rated best French restaurant in New Mexico by Zagat Survey of Southwestern Restaurants 10 years running
- Won Alibi CHOICE awards for "Best French Restaurant", "Best Wine List", "Best Restaurant To Impress Your Dinner Companion” and more
- Earned a four-star rating by the Albuquerque Journal
- Favorable reviews by Local Flavor, Albuquerque the Magazine, Local IQ, ABQ the Bite and other local media.
FUN FACTS ABOUT CLAUS:
- Founder and first Bailli of the Albuquerque chapter of La Chaine des Rotisseurs
- Hosted a local TV cooking show
- Hosted a 30-minute radio show on food, wine and the state’s restaurant scene
- Produced and hosted a three-hour telecast featuring top chefs as a fund-raiser for KNME public television.
- Guest chef aboard the six-star Regency cruise ship S.S. Voyager for three years
- Host and chef on the three masted schooner Arabella during a British Virgin Islands food and wine cruise held as a special promotion for our restaurant customers.
- Honor graduate of the Culinary Institute of Denmark, a six-year traditional European chef and waiter apprenticeship program